Our class teacher is Tom Pugh & our teaching assistant is Clare Mooney
This half term, our topic is
C A L I F O R N I A
From our immersion as part of our ‘California’ topic, we have discovered that some children already know that...
- California is a state in the U.S.A
- it contains some famous cities and landmarks such as Disneyland, Los Angeles and the Golden Gate Bridge
- California has a warm climate and lots of beaches
- Earthquakes can happen there
So we have decided as a class that we want to ...
- how natural disasters - such as earthquakes - are caused
- who lived in California before the European settlers arrived
- why there is a time difference between different parts of U.S.A
- what the most important landmarks and cities in California are and why
As part of our topic, we split up into groups to create a giant map of California. We researched the human and physical geography of our regions and included what we found out on our maps. Have a look below to see how we got on!