welcome to MANGROVE Class
Our class teachers are Louise Collinge and Rebecca Cohen and our teaching assistant is Clare Mooney.
TOPIC: The Maya
This half term our topic is The Maya.
In our immersion we worked in groups to sort dates, events and pictures of Mayan artefacts. Once we'd made deductions about them, we decided as a year group what we now want to learn about.
We discovered that we already know that:
- the Maya lived a long time ago in Central America;
- they lived in the rainforest.
So we have decided as a class that we want to:
- find out what they invented and discovered;
- understand where their important cities were and what they were like;
- investigate their religion and beliefs.
On Wednesday 8th May, Setpoint Hertfordshire came to work with Year 5 on a K'Nex Challenge. The children had to work effectively with a partner to design and build a flying machine. There were specifications the children had to consider, although they could also include any engineering ideas they thought of independently.