Welcome to Year 4
The adults in Acacia are Mrs Cohen (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday) and Mrs Walton (Thursday and Friday), as well as Mrs Field.
In Blackthorn, the adults are Ms Cameron Griffiths and Mrs Velasco. Mrs Pendred teaches the class on a Friday afternoon.
This half term our geography topic is.....
Following a successful immersion session, we have discovered that some children already know that:
- There are layers in a rainforest e.g. the canopy
- There are waterfalls
- It is hot and humid and rains lots!
- There are different tropical animals
Therefore, we have decided as a year group that we want to find out the following:
- Who lives in the rainforest?
- How many different species of birds and animals are there?
- What is deforestation?
- Are there any lost tribes living in the rainforest?