WELCOME TO YEAR 5!
Year 5 on World Book Day
This half term our topic is Anglo-Saxons
Key vocabulary linked to this topic:
claimant, crime, conquest, legacy, Mercia, punishment, successor, thane, transport, tithing, weregild, Christianity, religion
From our immersion, we have discovered that some children already know that:
- The Anglo-Saxons came after the Iron Age and the Romans;
- They were around at the same times as the Vikings which we learnt about in Year 4;
- There were many battles during this period of history.
Therefore, we have decided as a year group that we want to:
- Understand how crime and punishment has changed;
- Understand how religion changed at this time;
- Explore what happened in the Battle of Hastings;
- Design and sew an Anglo-Saxon purse
- We will also have a whole day workshop in school where we will explore different aspects of Anglo-Saxon daily life.