Designated Staff for Safeguarding & Child Protection
ALL staff, volunteers and visitors have a responsibility to take prompt action if they are concerned about the safety or welfare of a child.
If a child is suffering, or is likely to suffer harm, action must be taken immediately. All concerns about the safety and welfare of a child must be taken seriously
If a visitor has any concerns regarding the welfare of a child they must speak to the school’s Designated Senior People for Child Protection.
Our Designated Staff are:
Mrs Jenny Sheppard, Headteacher and Designated Safeguarding Lead
Mrs Tracey Lockwood, Deputy Headteacher and Designated Safeguarding Lead
Miss Lauren Rogers, Assistant Head, KS2 Lead and Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
Miss Charlotte Gregory, KS1 Lead and Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
Mrs Pippa Lesnik, EYFS Lead and Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
|Mrs Jenny Sheppard||Mrs Tracey Lockwood||Miss Lauren Rogers||Miss Charlotte Gregory||Mrs Pippa Lesnik|
The governor responsible for safeguarding is Mary Willatt
You will be asked to record your concern on the school’s Safeguarding Children Record of Concern
Children’s Services can be contacted directly on 0300 123 4043
For further information including our Child Protection Policy please click here to visit the Policies page
To ensure the safety of our children and staff in school please observe the following:
- On arrival sign in at the school office and don't forget to sign out when you leave
- Visitor badges must be worn at all times. Please return your badge to the school office when you leave
- Please ensure that all doors are securely closed after entering and leaving a building
- Our school is a mobile free zone. Mobile phones may only be used in the staff room at break and lunchtime and must be turned off and kept out of sight at all other times.
- In line with our e-safety policy visitors are requested not to take photographs without prior permission
- Visitors are welcome to use the staff toilets in the main school building
- Unless you are visiting a child in a professional capacity you should never be alone with a child. Always ensure you are in sight of a member of staff
If you wish to print out a copy of our tri-fold leaflet Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) ahead of your visit to Prae Wood School please click here